Kevin Spacey, Facing Trial in London, Says He’ll Be Back to Act

Kevin Spacey, who will go on trial on sexual assault charges in London this month, told a German newsmagazine that he expects to be acquitted and plans to return to acting “the moment” that happens.

“I know that there are people right now who are ready to hire me the moment I am cleared of these charges in London,’’ Mr. Spacey said in a recent interview with Zeit Magazin. “The second that happens, they’re ready to move forward.”

Mr. Spacey, 63, a two-time Oscar winner, has seen his acting career collapse since he was first accused of sexual assault in 2017, as the #MeToo movement was growing. In the first public accusation, Anthony Rapp, an actor, said in an interview with BuzzFeed News that Mr. Spacey had made a sexual advance toward him when he was 14. In a civil suit filed by Rapp, a federal jury in Manhattan found in October of last year that Mr. Spacey was not liable for battery in that case.

As other allegations against Mr. Spacey surfaced — including more than a dozen accusations of sexual misconduct — Netflix eliminated Mr. Spacey from the popular series he was starring in, “House of Cards,” and he was dropped by his talent agency and publicist and scrubbed out of the Ridley Scott film “All the Money in the World.” He retreated from public life, and a representative said he would seek “evaluation and treatment.”

Mr. Spacey will face a criminal trial in London beginning June 28, in which he faces multiple charges of sexual assault for incidents that prosecutors say occurred between 2001 and 2013. He has denied all the charges.

In the interview with Zeit Magazin, Mr. Spacey said he was confident that he would be exonerated. “The moment scrutiny is applied, these things fall apart,” he told the magazine. “That’s what happened in the Rapp trial, and that’s what will happen in this case.”

Since the 2017 allegations, Mr. Spacey has taken part in a few projects, including the Italian film “The Man Who Drew God” and a Croatian film celebrating the nation’s first president, Franjo Tudjman, called “Once Upon a Time in Croatia.”

Mr. Spacey told the magazine that he doubted he could ever rehabilitate his reputation, but said that he expected to resume his career once the trial is over, and suggested that posterity would remember him for his acting.

“In 10 years, it won’t mean anything,” Mr. Spacey said of the allegations. “My work will live longer than I will, and that’s what will be remembered.”

About Webmaster

Mario Milan Junior ,I'm passionate for the online media and marketing ,19 years old ,first year university .Can't Wait to Join My Father this year in Florida ,United States .

Check Also

Micheline Presle, Actress Known for ‘Devil in the Flesh,’ Dies at 101

Micheline Presle, a subtle and elegant actress who was a last link to the first …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *