Jonathan Majors to Face Trial on Assault Charges in August

The actor Jonathan Majors appeared in a Manhattan courtroom on Tuesday morning at a brief hearing where a trial date for his misdemeanor assault case was set for August.

In a hearing that lasted less than five minutes, the judge, Rachel S. Pauley, set Mr. Majors’s trial date for Aug. 3 and reminded him that the order requiring him to stay away from the woman he is accused of assaulting remains in place.

Mr. Majors, who wore a brown suit and crisp white collared shirt, sat for a time toward the back of the courtroom with sunglasses on next to the actress Meagan Good, his girlfriend. He spoke very little during the hearing, which began around 9:39 a.m. He greeted the judge and acknowledged her instructions, but otherwise remained silent while standing before her.

Mr. Majors, 33, was arrested in March after what the police described as a “domestic dispute.” He was subsequently arraigned on a complaint that included several misdemeanor charges. In their initial reports, the authorities said the victim, described only as a 30-year-old woman, had told investigators that she had been assaulted and was taken to a hospital after suffering what the police said were minor injuries to her head and neck.

Lawyers for Mr. Majors have repeatedly denied the allegations. Priya Chaudhry, one of his lawyers, said in a statement Tuesday that “within a few weeks of these false allegations, we provided the district attorney with evidence of Mr. Majors’s innocence.”

She maintained that it was the woman who had attacked Mr. Majors, not the other way around. “While we are hopeful that the district attorney is reviewing these materials in good faith and will do the right thing soon, to accelerate our case, we’ve requested a trial date ASAP,” she said in the statement.

Mr. Majors is a rising star in Hollywood, who has delivered a string of performances that had marked him out as a potential Oscar contender. He co-starred in “Creed III,” which was released in March, and appeared in “Magazine Dreams,” delivering a performance that garnered buzz at the Sundance Film Festival. His character Kang, from “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania,” was also emerging as a major part of Disney’s Marvel franchise.

But news of his arrest has raised questions about his future prospects. Soon after his arrest, the United States Army removed advertisements featuring Mr. Majors from its rotation. And it is not clear whether the allegations have imperiled his work with Disney.

About Webmaster

Mario Milan Junior ,I'm passionate for the online media and marketing ,19 years old ,first year university .Can't Wait to Join My Father this year in Florida ,United States .

Check Also

Which MLB teams, front offices and managers are feeling the most pressure? Insiders weigh in

As the February sunshine beams down on all of baseball, and the standings say that …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *